Friday, December 08, 2006

Yuck...

That is how I have been feeling the past couple of days. I ended up calling out sick on Wednesday and slept ALL day. I haven't done that in forever. I still have a lot of congestion in my head and sneeze every 5 minutes it seems, but I am feeling better, even though people here at work have told me I look like shit.

Tonight is hubby's work holiday party. Its in Savannah at 5:30pm and I don't get out of work until 5pm. So I will be haulin' ass to get there. I think the cocktail reception (my favorite part) starts at 5:30pm and dinner actually starts at 6:30pm. I have been told that it is no fancy shin dig and to go "casual". I think I am just going to wear the slacks and sweater I have on. I will be on a mission tonight. I need to convince hubby's boss to let him have the Thursday and Friday off before Christmas so we can drive up to MA on Thursday. At the very least, hubby can work remotely from his laptop. If I have to guilt the man into letting him be off, so be it. If I can't get him the time off, then we won't be able to leave until Friday night, giving us only whatever time on Saturday (not much), Sunday (Christmas Eve) and Monday (Christmas Day). Then we would drive, all 16 hours back on Tuesday so we can be back at work on Wednesday. So wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home