Thursday, November 02, 2006

Its Been a Long Ass Week

Between work, family and just random stuff, I am wore out. I had quite a few long days last week and had to work on Saturday too. I made the stupid mistake of going out on Thursday night. It was supposed to be for a couple of innocent cocktails and apps for happy hour, but I didn't get home until after 3am. I guess that is what I get for trying to hang out with the young interns. I had a blast, but I was already tired BEFORE I went out (I almost cancelled) and I had to work Friday and Saturday. When I got home that night, hubby was up waiting on me. He wasn't upset that I had gotten in so late though (I don't do that very often), he wanted to tell me that he had been on the phone with my family because my grandfather had a heart attack. So, it goes without saying, that I got very little sleep Thursday night. I got up at 6am and started to try to call my family and get the scoop. Apparently, my grandfather had a stroke and that caused a heart attack, but luckily, because he is in such good shape, he was fairing pretty well. I actually got a chance to talk to him Friday night and he sounded really good, just annoyed that he had to be in the hospital.
Saturday I had to work a wedding, and those are always stressful for me. The pressure to make sure everything goes perfectly is so high. It was a beach ceremony and a brunch reception at our beach house. The weather was really bad Friday night, but it cleared up in time for the ceremony - thank you gods of weather! Everything went extremely well and I got out of work about 4pm. Ran home, and threw together a costume for the Halloween party at my friends house. Jon wasn't feeling that great, but he went anyway and we had a good time with the exception of me falling down half a flight of stairs with 2 toddlers in my arms after slipping on a batman car. OMG, the kids were fine, but I have been sore ever since. My legs are all jacked up with bruises. We left kind of early, about 11:30 and went home. Jon had only had a couple of beers because he was not feeling well.
Then I got woken up by a loud crash at about 3:30am. When I ran to see what happened, I found hubby on the floor in our half bathroom in about an inch of water. He had gotten up to go to the bathroom and apparently passed out. He fell forward and hit his head so hard on the back of the toilet, the bottom of the tank busted out. He didn't want to go to the hospital so I cleaned up the mess and got him back to bed.
Sunday, I ran some errands and hubby just rested. I knew he had something, plus his face hurt (he suffered a cut and a black eye) and his body ached from the fall. He went to work Monday and came home regular time but was in the bathroom most of the rest of the night with the worst flu I had seen in a long time. Which put him out of commision until today and is what caused him to pass out on Saturday night.
I was looking forward to having a couple of days off at the beginning of next week, but I just found out, because a member of our team is being sent to San Franscisco on task force, we have to split up his workload and groups that are coming in. I have two of his in the next couple weeks, so I will not have a day off until Nov. 10. I wouldn't mind it, its just that I am already tired and dragging, I have only had one day off a week for the past 2 weeks and have had long days the other 6. So that sucks for me.
Anyway, sorry for the ramble and the pity party. Pray I don't get the flu (which inevitably happens when hubby gets sick, I become sick).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home