Sunday, October 08, 2006

My First 5K

Not only did I finish, but I made pretty good time! I finished in 27:03. I even beat my friends that I came with, they came in a few minutes later and this was their 3rd 5K. Out of over 600 runners, I was the 66th woman in. Not to shabby. I have discovered that I really like road races. I run faster because I occupy myself with "filling in the gaps".

Here I am less than a minute after I finished the race:


I know, I look pretty scary, but cut me some slack people, I just ran over 3 miles!

Here we are waiting to here the results of the race:

From L to R: Me, Bill, Sarah, Jen and Rihanna (a girl we met just before the race)

We plan to do more races and eventually a 10K in February. It was a lot of fun. I think I have found my new hobby.

2 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

Congratulations! You make me sick LOL

Sunday, October 08, 2006 5:45:00 PM  
Blogger Annmarie said...

Congrats! That is great!

Monday, October 09, 2006 8:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home