Friday, October 06, 2006

Wish Me Luck

I'm running my first 5K tomorrow evening in Savannah. As say 1st as if I may do more, but I think I will see how this goes. I'm not looking to win or anything, just finish with a descent time. I think I will do okay. I have been running regularly outside and I am up to 4.25 miles outside. I occasionally run on the treadmill at work and I still do 10 miles on that. So I think I'm ready.
If you would have asked me a year ago if I would be addicted to running, I would have said you were crazy. But I think I am. I really like how I feel afterwards. It also helps me clear my head if I am feeling stressed, get energized if I am feeling sluggish and picks me up if I am cranky. I know, I HAVE gone crazy.

I got into running to help with my weight loss and it really has helped. I am now down to 137 lbs. and would like to lose 7 more to make me an even 130. Some of my coworkers think I have lost enough, but according to my height and my frame, 130 is just within my ideal weight frame (which is supposed to be 119 - 130). I want to get rid of the last of this spare tire around my waste and the fat in my ass. If that goes away before I reach 130, then I will stay at that weight, but until that is gone, I'm going to keep working at it. I would love to do more weight training, but I don't belong to a gym right now.

The funny thing about how I eat now is that I eat MORE than I ever have, just different, BETTER stuff. My boss jokes when she comes in my office and says, "Okay, what are you eating NOW!" I'm no longer following the Six Week Body Makeover (although I stick to the basics behind the program). I keep track of everything I eat, make sure I get all the right amounts of fat, protien, carbs and fiber, iron etc. etc. I've gotten some nutrition books as well to continue to learn about food and what different foods can do for the body. I find it all really interesting. Every time I have dieted in the past, I have always felt hungry or deprived (like I was on a diet) and then I would eventually "fall off the wagon" and give up. Now I eat what I want. If I want to eat cake - like I just did a half hour ago at a dessert tasting with our chef, I did. I just have to work in some cardio or eat a lighter dinner. Everything in moderation. I've found that now that I have started to make healthier eating choices, I don't crave the bad stuff as often because when I do eat it, I feel gross afterward. I haven't had fast food in months nor do I want it. When hubby and I went on our road trip to Memphis, I packed food to eat rather than eat something from Krystal or Burger King. Yuck, no thank you!

Okay, I've rambled enough. Can you tell I'm at work and killing time?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home