Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Hubby and I are HOMEOWNERS AT LAST!!! We are so excited. We closed last week and moved in over Labor Day weekend. We were very fortunate to have my older borther, his girlfriend, her 5 year old and my little sister up to help. It would have taken just me and hubby DAYS to move, but we were able to get just about everything out of the apartment and into the new house in about 8 hours.

I can't get over how much room we have! We still have a lot of preliminary work to do, putting up blinds (for now - I plan on getting some nice plantation style blinds in the coming months), toilet paper holders, towel rings, we need to buy stuff for our new lawn... I still have a buttload of unpacking to do too. I will eventually paint as well. My family and I have already broken in the front porch and sat out there a couple of nights drinking beer (the neighbors will absolutely adore us).

Now that we have all this room, we hope to have house guests soon too! So y'all come down! Just watch out for the alligators (see post below)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home