Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Not Much...

To report.

I was off on Sunday and Monday and hubby and I went to Charleston to meet some friends for lunch and a bar hop on Sunday. Just as I was getting a nice buzz on, hubby said we had to go because he had to work the next day. I was holding steadfast on staying until he coaxed me to go by offering to stop at my favorite ice cream parlor on the way home. Mmmmm, I was burping beer and ice cream all the way home.

Yesterday I spent cleaning and doing errands while the site supervisor from our builder finished up on our 30 day punch list we gave them. I must say, God Bless that poor man. Hubby is extremely anal retentive and our punch list was at least 7 pages long. Some of the stuff was kind of big (our back door needed new weather stripping, our hearth in front of our mantle was loose), but most of the stuff was stuff I didn't even notice, even AFTER hubby pointed it out to me. The builders and all of the sub-contractors have been wonderful though. We have not had any issues like some of the "nightmares" we have heard from other people dealing with other builders. I baked the man some cookies yesterday and we gave him some cash for all of his hard work. He said that if we needed anything to call him, that he wasn't going to avoid us now that the list was done. I told him I wouldn't blame him if he did.

Speaking of baking, I attempted to make some lowfat cheesecake brownies. They tasted like ass. I think I will stick to the fatty brownies from now on.

Its kind of nice living in a neighborhood with a lot of young couple like us. I am working with our friends down the street to coordinate a block party in November. That will be a great way to meet all the neighbors. Tonight, when we get home from work, we were going to go walking and knock on some doors to introduce ourselves to the neighbors we haven't met yet and pass out some flyers for the block party. There are about 15 houses on our street, about half of which people have moved into. There are about 15 more houses on the next street (our houses are back to back with an alley in the middle), with about 10 - 12 houses lived in now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Annmarie said...

When we moved into our neighborhood, a neighbor threw a party so everyone could meet. It was a great way to meet everyone.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 6:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home