Sunday, November 12, 2006

Check ME Out!!!!


Yup, thats right. Not only did I finish the race, I actually PLACED 2nd for my age group (Women 20 - 29). Me. The girl who loathed running for field hockey and lacrosse. The girl who would come up with any excuse NOT to run. Now I run on my own, without coaches yelling at me to move my ass. Don't mind me while I bask in the glory of my accomplishment. I felt so good that today I went out and ran over 6 miles, to start working on my time for the 10K I hope to run in February.

I have to say though, this race was more painful than the last. I think I paced too fast in the beginning so my breathing was horrible. Between that and the fact that I had to pee SO BAD, I thought I was going to die trying to run up the bridge towards the end of the race. After I went through the finish line, I ran straight to the bathroom. A few of our friends from work came out to support us and we had breakfast and mimosas at someone's house afterwards. The bottom picture is us after a couple of pretty strong mimosas.

Everyone else did really well too. We were all just looking to beat our time from the last race. I beat mine by close to 3 minutes. I never really heard what my exact time was because I go so excited when I heard my name being called out at the awards. It was 24 minutes and something.

Saturday was an awesome (yes, I used the word awesome) day overall. We had our block party and most everyone came to it. I think we had close to 30 people or so. I really like our neighbors. Everyone has dogs except us. One of our neighbors has this massive Great Dane, who is such a good dog, just absolutely the biggest dog I have ever seen! The other people had chihuahuas and it was funny to see the little dogs try to be all mean to the big dog. Talk about a Napolean complex. We grilled out, drank tons of beer and hubby and I called it a night around 9:30pm but there were still guys hanging out in the street when we went home. It was so good to meet everyone. Everyone is pretty young (a bunch of 30 somethings) and very friendly. We were all talking about doing this more often.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's fantastic :)

Monday, November 13, 2006 9:10:00 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

My official time was 24:53. Over 2 minutes faster than my last race. I have one more 5K in December and then I will be doing the 10K in February.
When I was talking about placing 2nd in the race today, someone asked me if only 2 people raced. HaHa, very funny. Bastard.

Monday, November 13, 2006 5:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just don't know you anymore... (sniff sniff)

LOL. Congratulations! I am so proud of you!!!!! You are amazing (and you look it too!!!)

Also you are so skinny and you make me want to never eat again...lol.

I wish you lived nearby so you could inspire me on a daily basis..lol.

Love you and am so proud :)

~Tracy

Monday, November 13, 2006 5:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home