Monday, December 04, 2006

Blah...

Not much to tell. I haven't been doing too much except work since I got home. I did attempt to paint our bathroom and did a pretty shitty job. I love the color though, is a deep sage color. Hubby tried to "fix" what I did and made it worst. Today I went out and got some edging stuff to hopefully fix it once and for all. Hubby also attempted to decorate the outside of the house on Saturday, but I made him take it down because it really didn't look too good. I did like the big colored lights he did up on the roof, so those stayed and I spent Sunday redecorating the doorway to the house and our mantle inside.
I have been really making an effort to continue to eat well during the holidays, but it is pretty hard when people are bringing in all sorts of goodies to work and the cold weather makes me want to eat comfort foods like creamy macaroni and cheese, pot roast, sweet potatoes, chocolate chip cookies....Mmmmm. So to offset my little indiscretions I have been increasing my distance running. I was off today and ran a little over 7 miles in an hour outside in the cold (I have decided that I really don't like running in the cold, but I guess I will have to get used to it). The days I work, I go to the fitness center at the hotel and run and do some weights. So far, I have managed to maintain my weight, but I really want to lose a few more pounds. That may be a bit to ambitious over the holidays though.
This Saturday a couple of my friends and I are hosting a cookie exchange at my neighbors house. We need to make 6 dozen cookies/bars and make copies of the recipe and bring them. As a host, I need to bring a couple of appetizers and alcoholic punch in addition. For my recipe, I am going to make my grandmothers "Thelma Bars". I hope I can do Nana proud.

2 Comments:

Blogger Annmarie said...

Great job keeping up with the running. Don't be discouraged if you don't lose any more during the holidays,or even gain a few. After the holidays, you will probably lose a few more(not that you need it).

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 10:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the lights. James did a half assed job with ours and it's making me crazy.

If you need another recipe, I have a really easy one. Take a bag of oreos and a block of softened cream cheese and put it in the food processor until comes to a black playdoh like consistency. Roll those into balls and dip them in melted chocolate. A trick I learned is to do the microwave directions for melting the chocolate. It stays a lot cooler, so you don't get burnt fingers. Another one is to put the balls in the fridge for a little bit before you dip them in chocolate so they're a little bit harder. You could probably get really creative with different flavors of oreos, chocolates, or even rolling them in something like nuts or coconut.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 5:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home