Monday, November 27, 2006

What a Weekend

I had such a good time in Fort Lauderdale. It was so good to see my friends there and just cut loose and have fun without having to worry about getting up to go to work. I made really good time driving down there, I think because I was so excited to go. I left home at 7:45am and got the my exit in Fort Lauderdale at 2:45pm.

I got to see some of my old staff and co-workers. They were all absolutely amazed at how much weight I have lost, which kinda makes me wonder how fat I really was back then. Its been less than a year and I had started to lose weight before I left there (the first 25 lbs). But some of these folks made me feel like I had lost a 100 lbs when in reality I have only lost an additional 20, maybe, since I had left. So I am not sure how I feel about that, I've never been one to be gracious at recieving compliments anyway, I always find some way to feel put off by it. You know, someone says "Wow, you look great!" And I think, "What did I look like ass before?" Or, "What, your surprised I look great?" Anyway...

I stayed with my good friend Rafael and his boyfriend. They have a cute house that they had just purchased before I left and they have done some great things with it. They were so sweet, I got turn down service at night with a chocolate on my pillow, bottle of water at my bedside and they stocked the fridge with my favorites, Bud Light and Perrier. God Bless them. Rafael had to work late Friday night, so I met up with a friend for drinks at a martini bar before heading back to Rafael's around 10pm. Then we stayed up drinking wine and bellini's until 2am. Saturday was a busy day. I was a good girl and went to the gym in the morning and then went and met one of my best friends, Cybele for lunch. We ate at J. Alexander's. Its a chain. Has anyone ever eaten there? It is so good! We hung out for 4 hours, I was hung over, so I just sipped on my Diet Coke.



Then I drove up to West Palm to see Heather (one of my best friends from college). We both joked about how, when we lived about 45 minutes from each other, we would only see each other maybe twice a year. Now that we live so far away, its like, "Why did we not get together more often?" She was attending a Golf Pros and Tennis Hos Party later that night and was getting ready for it. She made a lovely Tennis Ho.


Sunday was the wedding and we had a blast. I met up with some more friends, who were actually reading at the wedding, so we had to be at the church 2 hours early. I hung out with the groomsmen because the bride and all the bridesmaids we busy getting their pictures done. I worked with both the bride and the groom and thats how I know them, but I was closer to the bride. Because we had to be there so early and me and a boys were bored, we went to the bar around the corner for some cocktails. I had only had a couple of beers in addition to the glass of wine I had at their house before we got to the church, but I was feeling a little loopy. Which made the 1 hour + ceremony, seem like FOREVER. We could not wait to get to the reception and the open bar. I must have had at least 2 bottles of wine by the end of the night. There was a cocktail hour followed by a sit down dinner with assigned seating, but none of us were happy with our seating. I was at some random table by myself, the grooms best friend's girlfriend whom we had become friendly with, was at another table, 2 other guys we were hanging out with were at yet another table. So we decided to "create" our own table, moving our place settings to one central table. This caused the Banquet Manager to get in a tizzy, but we told him to chill out and that we were "professionals". This table we created became one of "those" tables. You know, the one with all the obnoxious people at it. The one that harrasses the wait staff for extra plates of food and cake. The rowdy and loud table. Yup, that was us. I had also become friendly with the grooms dad who did not speak English very well, but that doesn't matter after 2 bottles of wine. All I know, is that if I am ever in Holland, I am to look him up.





Monday morning was rough. I was really hung over so we went to breakfast and then I headed north. I didn't drive all the way home, I stayed with my brother in Orlando. It was nice to see him and all the work he has done on HIS house. I finally got home Tuesday afternoon. I wish I could have stayed in Florida for a couple more days, but I was happy to see hubby. I missed him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home