Monday, December 11, 2006

I Have No Clever Title for This Entry

As it turned out, I did not have to beg and plead with my hubby's boss to get him the time off. He was able to get it. Thank God, because I was in no condition to beg and plead to anybody's boss on Friday night. I felt like total crap. My nose was all runny, my head was stuffed up, I had that crusty stuff around my nose and mouth from coughing and sneezing and I was just out of it. I didn't even drink but one Amaretto Sour. The food was okay, what I could taste of it anyway. Most of the people he works with are older and they seem to do the "Electric Slide" to any song that was playing. I must have apologized to hubby a million times because I just sat there like a bump on a log and was not my usually perky and outgoing self. We left before 9pm and I was home and in bed before 10pm.

Saturday I felt better. I was still stuffed up, but I switched from cough medicine to some Sudafed that at least kept me awake and helped with the congestion. The cookie exchange was a lot of fun. I apparently got pretty intoxicated (I think the combination of the medicine and the hard liquor did me in). There were about 20 - 25 of us. I guess after my 3rd martini I was doing family impersonations that proved to be entertaining. I don't know what I am going to do with all of the cookies I have now. I came home with two huge bags!

Sunday was a mellow day. I did some Christmas shopping, relaxed and watched the Patriots get their asses handed to them by the Dolphins. I was so disappointed. I think if I had been there and watched it live, like I would have been if I still lived in Florida, they would have won. My older brother went to the game and even though the Pats lost and he had talked alot of shit all through the game, he had a good time and managed to get to his truck without incident. Because I felt so disgusting from eating so many cookies on Saturday, I made myself go for a run. I did 4 miles.

Tonight is our hotels staff holiday party. All of the managers have been assigned a job. I have been assigned to bartending. I have no idea what they were thinking. It should be fun though. Even though the managers work it, we all have fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Annmarie said...

Glad you will have a longer weekend in MA. We are staying in NC for Christmas, but if you have any time off after Christmas, let me know and I can come down.

Thursday, December 14, 2006 10:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home