Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Blog Retarded

Yup, thats me. I have no idea how to do any of the cool stuff I have seen on other peoples blogs. I don't even have a cool and creative name for my blog. If anyone can direct me to a guide ("Blogging for Dummies" or something) or give me some tips I would definitely appreciate it. I don't even know how to post pictures. I am somewhat computer literate, after all, a majority of my work has to do with reports and stuff I do on the computer, but its all on work operating systems. When it comes to the internet, I am clueless.

Please help!

2 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

I'll look and see if I can find some sort of tutorial. Pictures are easy. You can do it two different ways. You can upload pictures on to website (for example I use Picturetrail, but there are lots of others). From there you can get a URL that you can code into your post. Or, the even easier way is to upload directly to Blogger. When you're typing your post, up in the top of the window there are buttons to make your type bold or italic etc. There's a globe with a chain link, that's to add links in your blog. Then at the right end there's a little button that looks like a picture. It'll bring you to another screen that'll walk you through uploading.

If you want a visitor counter you can get the code at a variety of sites. I like BlogPatrol the best.

Really, the best way is to look at a lot of different blogs and see what they have. Usually if you click on whatever you like, it'll bring you to the website where you can create your own thing like it. Click "Next Blog" up at the top of a blog page and it'll bring you to the next random blog. It's fun to see all the different things that people do.

Another site you might want to look at is www.htmlgoodies.com. It gives a lot of basic information about how to code your own html.

Thursday, October 06, 2005 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Thank you everyone. I will try to do some stuff later in the week when I have time and brain energy!

Friday, October 07, 2005 9:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home