Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Still On Track

I have still been doing well on the diet. I am just shy of losing 25 lbs. and, even though it has been slow but steady, I have been noticing some good changes. Today at the gym, I actually stepped up my cardio and jogged for 30 minutes (almost 3 miles!) and walked an addition 20 minutes. I haven't been able to do that since high school. I can finally fit into some of my old shorts and skirts that I have been saving (and hubby thought I was crazy for saving them!) and I have way more energy.

I think being on my feet all day at work has increased my energy (if that makes any sense). I am doing alot of running around and its more exciting than wasting away behind a desk. I think I am finally doing what I really enjoy doing even though it is fustrating at times (sometimes I feel like I am babysitting). I continue to go to the gym in the evenings too, especially when I open the restaurant because I am able to get to the gym early and still be home before hubby. It is getting harder keeping up with my mini meals, so I have to come up with an easier, more portable way, to consume them. The staff is used to seeing my "shakes", containers of mystery food and protein bars in the room service refrigerator and have learned not to throw them away (yeah, they did that a couple of times last week, I was not happy).

I am a little worried about seeing my parents next week. They will be in Orlando visiting my brother, and hubby and I are going up there for a couple of days. I love my parents to death, but they are the most "eatinous" people you will ever meet and they have a way of making you eat and drink right along with them. I hope I have the will power to keep my composure. My mom has already promised to make a huge pot of caggabe and kelbasa, stuffed cabbage (I'm a Polack and those are my favorite dishes) and I know my dad will make huge ribeyes for dinner one night. That is not even taking into consideration of the mass amounts of beer we will potentially drink (my brother has a great pool and patio very condusive to chilling out and just drinking). I think I will continue to step up my workouts this week in hopes of some damage control. Luckily, we will only be there for a couple of days and not a week.

This is always what happens. I will be on a roll and doing great on a diet and/or exercise program and then I go away or go home to the folks and can't get back on track. I am determined not to yo-yo this time. So if you don't hear from me in the next week or so, its because I have collapsed at a gym having been thrown from the treadmill and crashed against a wall...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home