Thursday, August 25, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

So here I am, about 8pm on Thursday night in the thick of the hurricane and bored to death. Outside is trecherous, lots of wind and rain. And, unfortunately, I have to ride this storm alone. Hubby has to stay at his hotel as part of the EC Management Team. I left my hotel this afternoon about 3pm. I had offered to stay and help out in the restaurant, but they had enough staff, and, honestly, I would rather stay in the comfort of my own apartment with my kitties. I also understand that the hotel is now without power and I, obviously, have power and at least have a means of entertaining myself.
My brother called me asking me about the weather and thought I should go walking on the beach to see the surf. He obviously has not sat through a hurricane down here by the beach. Its a fricken' sand storm! The wind that I have seen so far has been a lot stronger then what we got last year with the other storms. But last year, we were not hit directly and this time the eye of the storm was a direct hit even though it is only a Category 1.
Good news is that I do not have to report to work tomorrow, and so my vacation will start a day and half early ( I took next week off ). So this damn storm better hurry up and get out of here so I can enjoy it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home