Monday, August 29, 2005

The VMAs, South Beach & Hubby

The show was okay this year. I really don't think Diddy is any kind of award show host though. He was actually pretty stupid. I would have loved to go to the show or at least see some of the preshow outside, but none of my friends that live down here would really want to go. They are all "over it". The show was much better than last year, that one really sucked. There was just too much noise and it seemed really unorganized.

Tracy needs to get down here so we can hit some clubs and party on South Beach. There are some great clubs and bars and its just a really cool place to go if you are with the right people. Hubby just isn't the club type. About a year ago, we were invited to a night club opening in South Beach that was really cool. They had live flamingos by the dance floor and these little gay dancer boys in unitards fluttering around. Very "South Beach" I guess. There were some live performances, but hubby just stands there and doesn't get into it. He was more into the fact that they were serving "mini burgers" as passed hor d'oeuvres. He can be a real dork. He also took me to a Beastie Boys concert last fall and, AGAIN, just stood there. He actually looked constipated. I mean, come on! We were 10 rows from the stage and Mix Master Mike brushed right past me on his way to the stage! Hubby was like, "Who's that guy? Is he with the band?" THE BAND?!? The Beasties don't have a BAND! God Bless him though, he tries. He reads my hip hop magazines and tries to have a conversation with me about it. Inevitably confusing the crap out of me because he says the names wrong and mixes up the people.

I continue to work on hubby to broaden his horizons. He's a kind hearted boy from the South and thats why I love him, but he can drive me crazy sometimes. I work in a luxury hotel with an incredible restaurant. Very trendy and very innovative with the menu. I have taken him there twice to eat. The first time for lunch and he just did not like the different flavors of sweet and spicy all mixed together. He made very obnoxious faces at the food (to the point where our waiter asked if everything was okay). It was a flabread, pizza like thing that he ate. If I had know he was going to be that picky I would have told hiom to order a burger. Then we had dinner there with another friend of mine from college that happens to live down here. He refused to "dress up" and wore his khaki pants and Vans and sat there slouched over and picked at his food. He's definitely a work in progress. This is why we are not ready for children...

Anyway, I digress....KP OUT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home