Friday, August 26, 2005

After the Storm

The storm blew directly over us and our complex sustained remarkably little damage, lots of trees down, but other than that, nothing else. Now the area around our complex is a different story. Its a disaster area, trees down, power out, traffic lights out, awnings and parts of roofs blown off and some areas, especially out west and south, are flooded. I did not go to work today, but I saw Ft. Lauderdale Beach on the news and the roads are completely covered in at least 5 inches of sand. I saw businesses there shoveling their patios off.

Hubby is still at work and I have not been able to talk with him because the power is out there and the phones are not working. We spoke for just a minute this morning and he said the hotel had some damage and they are extremely busy with distressed airline passengers needing a place to stay. I hope he is able to come home tonight...

I think this storm took a lot of people by surprise. It just "appeared" out of no where on Wednesday. Luckily it was just a Category 1 when it hit us. So far about 7 people have been reported killed by the storm. Very sad.
KP OUT....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home