Thursday, September 15, 2005

The New Job

So far so good with the new position. The biggest thing is getting used to the hours. About 3 days a week, I have to be in by 6am to open the restaurant. So its been a little hard getting up at 4:30am, thank God for Tylenol PM.
Its going to be a challenge working for my new boss. He doesn't really know what he is doing and I haven't been getting much in the way of training. Luckily, having been at the hotel for a while, most of the staff knows me and I know who I can go to and ask questions and I am not afraid to ask even the stupidest of questions. Most of the staff is excited about me being down there and know I will make some changes for the better. I just hope they are ready for me as a disciplinarian. Most of them see me as so nice and friendly, getting along with everyone. I can see some of them having a hard time with me getting on their ass about payroll (clocking in and out), following service procedures and schedules. Today I got to experience doing the schedules and posting them. Immediately, about 10 employees came up to me with what days they can and can't work and how this won't work and yada yada yada. I was able to make some changes but basically told most of them to deal with it. AHHHHH, LET THE FUN BEGIN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home