Friday, September 09, 2005

Diet Success So Far

For the past 7 weeks, I have been doing this diet, ironically called, "The Six Week Body Makeover". It focuses on eating 5-6 meals a day of small portions. The food is all natural food (i.e. lean chicken breast and fish, potato and rice, lots of vegetables and fruit). basically the diet says that if the food did not come from nature that way (of course chicken and other meats will not be consumed as whoel animals), don't eat. I have almost completely omitted sodium and refined sugar and have stepped up my cardio exercise a bit (I worked out alot before anyway).

So far, I have lost 22lbs and I plan to stay on the diet until I lose an additional 30 lbs. What I like about the diet is it speeds up your metabolism in a natural way (no pills or energy drinks) so that if you do fall off the wagon to enjoy a party or have an Italian dinner (like I did tonight), it doesn't effect your weight loss because your body will continue to burn it off. You just need to go right back to the diet the next day.

Hubby has been on his own diet too. He has lost almost 20lbs as well, doing the 'ole calorie counting/restriction diet. It seems to be working for him. I have been trying to get him to eat more vegetables and fruit, but he is a carb freak.

I think us both being on a diet has also helped with my success. My will power can be non-existant at times, especially if hubby orders Dominoes pizza. Or just know that there is a Cold Stone Creamery within walking distance to home.

At work, I have been doing well, even as my skinny little boss waved freshly baked cookies from the kitchen in front of me and ate about three of them. I told her to piss off and never even looked at the plate of cookies. What has been helpful is that fact that I am eating all these little mini-meals and I am not hungry when the Bitch waves cookies in my face. Also, when I have client lunch meetings, the guys in the kitchen make me a special salad with no dressing but still somehow make it delicious.

Lets hope I can stick with it. I feel good about it right now. I just know how I tend to yo-yo in weight. I will do good for several months and then everything just goes to shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home