Monday, September 19, 2005

Here We Go Again

Yet another storm. Luckily, it looks like it will pass to the south of us, possibly hitting or coming close to Key West. South Florida has the whole evacuation thing down and started evacuating the Keys yesterday. It looks like we will see some strong winds and rain, but thats about it. Today, I was off and went to do my weekly grocery shopping and it was chaos. You see, alot of really old and crabby people live around here and they get panicked very easily and they all seemed to be in Publix this afternoon. I witnessed two old ladies arguing over what they thought was the last gallon of water until I pointed out, #1 that they were fighting over a gallon of distilled water and #2 there was a huge display in the front of the store with plenty of water. I should have just let them fight, I think the old Jewish lady would have kicked the little hispanic ladies ass...
I was also worried all day that they might call me into work and have me stay at the hotel to open the restuarant tomorrow morning. But, thankfully, they didn't. We will probably see the worst of the storm late tomorrow morning, early afternoon and there really shouldn't be much anyway. I would have been pretty pissed to have to go in on my day off and work a super long shift at that!

2 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

I love when people are cranky in the grocery store. Is it wrong to find great amusement in other's distress? One day right after the hurricane there was this woman fussing at her kids and she got to the breaking point and got the voice of the devil himself and thundered "What the hell did I just tell you??" I was just dying laughing.

I'm set on pretty much all groceries. What I really freakin' want is one of those Swiffer Flick things for cleaning the carpet when the power is out. Can I find one?? NO!!

It's great though that you didn't get called to work. It's much nicer being home.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I get to see some pretty funny old people stuff around here. Last year, the day before Thanksgiving, I witnessed an old lady arguing with the self check out machine. I was in the long line behind her, but still coundn't help but laugh.

We are supposedly in the "thick of it" now. Just alot of wind and rain. I actually just got back from the gym because it was open until noon today. What isn't fair is the fact that these stupid storms ALWAYS come on my days off, therefore keeping me inside, no stores open and usually the gym and malls are closed. Its nice to be "shut in" every once in a while, but its starting to get really old.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 12:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home