Thursday, February 02, 2006

All Situated, For the Most Part

We are now residents of South Carolina...again. Hubby and I moved in on Saturday and I must tell, I could kick his ass for wanting to live in a 3rd floor apartment. We are leasing for a short time too, about 8 months, until we find a house. So it won't be long before we have to move EVERYTHING out and back down those 3 flights of stairs. I mean, holy shit, I have muscles that are still sore and its been 5 days. I nearly broke my back trying to help him lug up our sofa bed.

I started the new job Tuesday and I think that will be a nice change for me. Its not like my last position where I had to juggle ten million things at once. I basically run the dining room in a clubhouse for a private club. The dining room is open for lunch 6 days a week and open for dinner 3 days, and closed on Mondays. The hours will be much less and I do not foresee any unnecessary stress coming from this job at all. The membership is laid back and the members that I have met so far are super nice. The only thing I am stressing about is learning all the names. But I'm sure that will come with time.

The area we live in is vastly different than the Fort Lauderdale area. You have to drive to everything and there are a lot of trees. Damn, I have missed trees. We are not far from Parris Island and when I am walking to my car in the morning I can actually hear ammunition going off, its very starange. In fact, I lot of young millitary families live in my complex. And I am not complaining in the least, the men are not bad to look at (with their cute little crew cut hair).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home