Wednesday, April 05, 2006

On A Good Note...

My work schedule for the most part is not too bad. The weekends are long (12-13 hour days on Friday & Saturday and 9-10 hour days on Sundays), but during the week I get a couple of days off and only work 5 hour shifts on the others, so I get home pretty early and I can do stuff with my unemployed husband.

Today, I was off and hubby and I went for a 20 mile bike ride. He wants to get to the point where we can do a 60 mile race coming up in May. To be honest, the workout part of it is not what makes riding difficult, its the damn bike seats. My ass hurts SO BAD right now. We were about 15 miles into it and I did not want to sit my ass down on the seat. We were about a mile from where we parked the car and I got a flat tire. I had never been so happy to get a flat tire in my life. I happily walked the last mile back to the car.

The weather today was absolutely beautiful (about 72 degrees and sunny) and it was good to get outside. I have also joined the YMCA in town and I am back to working out regularly, which makes me happy. My workouts are theraputic and allow me to let out my frustration on the treadmill or stairclimber, rather than on Jon. I'm up to running 4miles 3-4 times a week. All I need to do now if find some people to socialize with. I don't see myself socializing with anyone from work or from the YMCA (seeing when I go to the Y in the mid-morning, it is retirees), I might look into joining some type of club or something. Then I will feel better about moving up here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

That's my problem with bike riding too. The seats always hurt my butt. You should find some kind of craft. Like scrapbooking or something and join a group. All my best friends down here are in my stitching group.

Friday, April 07, 2006 9:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home