Thursday, March 23, 2006

I'm Still Alive

Its been a month since my last post. I'm sorry, I haven't had much to say. Hubby is still unemployed, money is tight and I hate the job we moved up here for, so it hasn't been going well and would rather not go into things.

I was talking with my older brother tonight and he told me a funny story I wanted to share. He lives with his girlfriend and her 4 year old daughter who is the biggest ham. Pete has been playing the father role and teaching her right from wrong and all about God and stuff (along with all the bad Pronko habits like "Pull my finger"). Anyway, the other night he was reading to her from the Bible and somehow the question about heaven and hell came up, so he was trying to tell her the difference. The conversation went something like this:

Tazi: "What is the difference between Heaven and Hell?"
Pete: " Well, Heaven is where you go after you lead a good life and its with God up there (pointing to the sky). Hell is where you go when your bad and its hot and the Devil is down there!"
Tazi: "Pete, I like the heat, I think I wanna go to Hell."
Pete: "No you don't little girl, thats where bad people go! You want to go to Heaven!"
Tazi: "Fine, I'll just be bad. I like it when its hot and thats where I want to go! It'll be like Florida."

This is coming from the same little girl that asked me if baby Jesus heard her fart during the Christmas Mass.

2 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

I don't know what kind of money would be involved, but there's no shame in moving again. There's no point in being unhappy especially over something like a job.

The housing market is fairly tight around here, but I know they're always talking about jobs at all the hotels. I don't know if it's the sort of thing you're looking for, but they're always advertising around here.

Friday, March 24, 2006 9:05:00 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Thanks girls.

Jon is interviewing for a Controller position up in Charleston. If he gets that position, we will move. I think, looking back, I should have waited and let him find a job first. I think he was just so excited at the prospect of moving back to South Carolina. I have never had a problem getting a job because there are TONS of F&B jobs or sales jobs and I am middle management, while he is upper/executive management. Those positions are typically harder to find.

Keep your fingers crossed and pray that I don't beat the shit out of my prissy little boss...

Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home