Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Christmas in Florida

No matter how hard I try, I just cannot seem to get into the holiday spirit. I think the main reason is the weather down here. How the hell are you supposed to envision chestnuts roasting on an open fire when it is 8o degrees and I stare out onto the beach all day? You may think I'm crazy (especially you Tracy), but I envy my friends and folks in MA who just got a whole lotta snow. I am pretty sure I am suffering from home sickness too. Its been close to 5 years since I have seen any large amounts of snow.

Work has been crazy too. I am still awaiting my last day, which is now December 20th. I agreed to stay a few extra days to assist in training the new Food & Beverage Director (yes, they have finally canned the horrible one we had), but I have already made it clear that I do not plan to open the restaurant on those days and I will just work with the F&B guy. Hubby and I have still not decided on where we are going to move to. I have a couple of job leads in the Carolinas and Virginia (private country club positions), but to be honest, I haven't really been actively looking. I want to finish my stint in hell first and then concentrate on finding a job.

We are looking forward to going to Orlando for Christmas to spend it with my brother, his girlfriend and her four year old little girl. I think it will be fun with the little girl, watching her open presents and going to church on Christmas eve. I've met my brother's girlfriend and her daughter a couple of times and I really enjoy both of them. His girlfriend is cool as shit, as if she was a long lost Pronko.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home