Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Wilma Update

Sorry folks, I know I have not been very easy to get a hold of for those of you that have been trying to call me. Wilma turned out to be MUCH worst than expected by anybody. I am very glad that I insisted on staying at the hotel, even though I have been working nonstop since 6am Sunday. The entire area is devastated and everyone is having trouble getting anywhere. My hotel is right on Ft. Lauderdale Beach and we had front row tickets to this show. I was managing the ocean front restaurant, which remained open throughout the storm serving delicious food and witnessed port-a-toilettes flying by, airconditioning units flying by and God knows what else. It got pretty damn scary and I usually don't get scared very easily. I am grateful I did not have to ride this one out in my apartment alone. Hubby had to report to his hotel on Sunday and I believe he is still there. Because a lot of cell towers are down, I have not gotten to speak with him, but I did finally get some reception this morning and he had left a message saying the our apartment and the cats were okay but the complex and the town we live in is completely tore up. IF he wasn't ready to move up north before, he is definitely ready to move now.
I will probably be here at the hotel for another day or two. It is technically closed because we have no water (we finally got power back this morning), but we still have to take care of the guests that are already staying with us. I'm tired and I smell pretty bad, but I am doing okay.
Love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home