Thursday, October 20, 2005

Here We Go Again

Yes, another storm. This time it will suck for me though. Now that I am in an operations position (F&B) I will have to actually stay at the hotel to manage over a skeleton crew of restaurant servers. If the storm stays on its path and hits the west coast as a Cat 3, they will most likely evacuate the barrier islands in my county (which means the hotel will have to evacuate and I will be able to ride out this storm in the comfort of my home). So part of me is kind of hoping it keeps just enough strength to convince our county to evacuate. But as of the latest updates, it doesn't look like that will be the case. If we don't evacuate and we still get at least Cat 1 winds etc. the hotel will remain open and most likely be sold out and our restaurant will be packed all weekend because our hotel typically does not lose power while most of the others do. So everyone and their brother comes to the restaurant to eat because it is the only one open on the beach. Either way, I we will be taking all of the patio furniture, pool deck furniture and terrace furniture to the hotel basement (not a fun process) on Saturday and then we will have to put it ALL back after the storm.
Bring it on...

1 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

Good Luck and stay safe!

Friday, October 21, 2005 9:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home