Monday, October 17, 2005

He Fits in Well

I just got off the phone with my older brother and we were discussing our recent trip to see him a couple of weeks ago. He commented on how well hubby fits in with the family. Not only does he tolerate our vulgar and sometimes down right disgusting behavior, our politically incorrect conversation and appalling eating and drinking habits, I think he actually enjoys it and actively tries to take part in it.
I knew J. was the one for me when he did not go running for the hills after meeting my family for the first time just 6 months after we started dating. That first faithful introduction was during my sisters Confirmation and all of the clan was on hand for the weekend. He witnessed how we misbehave in church (and I'm actually talking about my aunt and my mother's loud and obtrusive gossiping), how we tore up a photographer's studio while getting our family portrait done and how a remote control fart machine (bought by my father) can get the entire family neary kicked out of an upscale restaurant.

On our recent visit to my brothers house in Orlando, we did what our family does best, DRINK. My parents loved the fact that my brother had a great pool and patio area and were content just sitting, swimming and drinking (while eating enough cabbage and keilbasa to alienate the entire neighborhood). Of course, by 4pm that afternoon, we were out of beer. Hubby and I offered to run to the covenient store to get more and took my brothers car. Hubby and I changed all of the presets on my brothers radio to latin and/or hip hop channel (he absolutely hates both) as well as his seat the windshield wiper setting etc. All in good fun and very immature. What I did not know hubby did, was write in the dirt on the side of the car "I am happy, ask me why". So days later, my older brother called me to tell me how stupid we were. That morning, my brother went to the bank drive thru and the lady teller kept chuckling. Finally she asked, "Why are you happy?" My brother not knowing why the hell this crazy lady is asking him replies, "Uhhh, I don't know, maybe because I am getting money" After several encounters like that throughout the day, he noticed when he got out of the car that afternoon that some asshole had written on the side of the car, "I am happy, ask me why"...

1 Comments:

Blogger Autumn said...

Oh my god, that's so funny

Monday, October 17, 2005 9:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home