Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Back on Track

This week was the last straw. I weighed myself this morning and I have gained 12 lbs back of the weight I lost. I blame my new job and my lack of will power. The employee cafeteria always has a dangerous assortment of desserts and besides the salad bar, no healthy choices for hot food. I was talking with one of my co-workers and she is desperate to lose weight before a wedding she has to go to in August. I told her about the Six Week Body Makeover diet that I had been on and she wants to try it and I figure, maybe having someone else to do this with will get me started. Besides, I had told myself, once I hit the 10 lbs mark (gain back) I was going hard core back on the plan.

I like the plan because it was a matter of changing my eating habits and not necessarily a diet. You eat alot (5 times a day), you just eat healthy food, so you are not hungry or craving things. My biggest obstacle is cutting back on sodium. I had no idea how much sodium I took in until I started paying attention to it. Once I got used to it, it didn't feel like a diet. After being on it for a while, your metablolism speeds up so when you splurge a little (I started going out one night a week) you didn't gain weight. I even kept losing! I was continuing to do well until I moved to South Carolina and suffered through a crappy job and adjusting to a new place and eating out and getting all the good southern style food. Now that I am settled, I will be able to go back to precooking my meals and cutting back on the drinking and ice cream.

I think I am going to set my goal at losing 22 lbs. by July 14th. I want to lose the 12 lbs I gained and then an additional 10 lbs. I think I am reasonable. Thats about 3 1/2 lbs a week. Last time I started this plan I lost 30 lbs in 8 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home